Thursday, April 19, 2012

PALETTE & PAINT: Mixing Light 1 and a Girl Called Maia.

I put a CALL OUT FOR PHOTOGRAPHS a while back and got some beauties, which I have been eager to get in and paint. I'm so happy that I finally got to pick up the brush to paint an images - as appose to colour charts :) BTW, I'm still accepting photos if you have any you'd like to share with me. 


Above is one of the photo's I received (and my WIP) of a girl called Maia, she is the daughter of one of my online art buddies, she is so sweet, isn't she?  I still have a bit of tweaking to go to capture a closer likeness, and lots more study to do on colour mixing and Sanden's 'Alla Prima' technique, but I'm pretty happy with how this little painting is going so far.


I'm slowly getting through the colour mixing exercises from the 'Painting the Head in Oil' book and I finally mixed up different alterations to the 'Light 1' Pro Mix Portrait Colour,  learning how to change the temperature, tone and intensity of the colour, very interesting and helpful stuff!


I'm sharing with Palette & Paint (P&P), if you'd like to too, please do.


Comment on this post using Facebook:
Comment on this post using Blogger, WordPress, Type Pad, LiveJournal, OpenID, AIM or Name/URL:

4 comments:

  1. She is so pretty. Fascinating to see colors work together. 1 little dab to add a detail or enhance a part of the painting. I do love seeing the colors, soft and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little face and love the painting so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really captured the cheekiness in this gorgeous little girl. I really love the eyes, they give it so much life.
    Can't wait to see it finished.
    Von :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work- I love the way you do the shading and highlights on your faces!

    ReplyDelete